Highlights from the Sept 22 Willett PTA Association meeting:
- Willett Dinner & Auction: Saturday, October 22, 5:30-10:00pm
- Coffee with the Principal: Friday, November 6, 8:30-9:30am
- PTA Association meeting: Tuesday, November 15, 7:00-8:30pm
- Book Fair: week of November 14, after school
- Thank you to Michele McCuen for coordinating the Paperless Parade, to Kate Rich for redesigning our PTA newsletter and website, and to Amber Kenner and Erin Autry Montgomery for welcoming back our teachers and staff with luncheon and flowers.
- We welcomed this year’s teacher liaisons to the PTA, Kindergarten teachers Noelle Fogliasso and Collette Lash. Thank you, Mrs. Fogliasso and Ms. Lash.
- We also welcomed guest speaker Hiram Jackson, the incoming school board trustee for area 1 (which is everything West of 113). Thank you, Trustee Jackson, for reaching out to us in the spirit of community and collaboration.
- The Association voted to approve our 2022-23 budget, which includes expanded “fund-a-need” grants for classroom teachers. We also approved funding for classroom t-shirts for our TK/K classes and new playground equipment for the TK/K play yard! If you have an idea for something special these funds could support in your student’s classroom, reach out to your teacher, room parent, or any PTA board member.
- We welcome volunteers to collaborate on the following projects, or to suggest ideas of your own. To discuss volunteering, please reach out to your room parent or anyone on the PTA board, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
o Movie night
o Pool party for 6th graders
o Arts education programming
o Afterschool programming
- Here are some great ways to stay connected with our Willett community:
o At our new website, www.willettpta.org, you can learn more about our PTA and school, donate, join the PTA, and more!
o To receive our weekly newsletter please email email@example.com.